Keep the Plan Challenge!
Are you ready for a challenge? I know I am, and now you know why. Order has been hanging on by a thread for the last month and a half as I’ve found myself in the throws of first trimester extreme fatigue. I am now at 11 weeks and the fatigue is beginning to lessen, and it’s about time to take things in hand again before chaos sets in.
So, here’s how it will work, if you want to be social and accountable during the challenge. You have two options:
- Post at least once a day to Twitter about whether or not you kept your routine, using the hashtag #keeptheplan
- Come back here to this post and tell us in the comments throughout the week how things are going.
Keep the Plan Challenge, week 1: Morning Routine
Decide on three morning things that help your morning or whole day run more smoothly.
Pledge to do these three things every morning this week before getting online.
I have a real problem with starting the day getting sucked into my email, blog reading, and Pinterest-checking. So my plan is to make sure my three things happen before I can even check my email. That will be difficult for me. I’ll let you know how it goes.
My 3 morning tasks will be
- Start a load of laundry.
- Do a 5 minute bedroom & master bathroom tidy.
- Know what is for dinner.
I already always get dressed before emerging from my room in the morning, so I refrained from making that part of my resolve and giving myself an easy one. But it really does help!
These tasks are part of my HomeRoutines morning list, too. I had just gotten it all set up just right when I realized a pretty list just wasn’t going to help my fatigue and nausea. But it is patient and is just sitting there, ready to go whenever I am. And I am ready, like it or not.
Participate in the Challenge
- Link to this post on your blog, Pinterest, FB, Twitter, or however you like to share things.
- Keep accountable with how things are going by tweeting with the hashtag #keeptheplan or coming back here to comment.
- Check back on Thursday. My Capturing Contentment posts this month will focus on the results of the challenge in my home. Before and after pictures are very motivating!