I started off with the Cuisinart ice cream maker recipe, but, of course, adjusted it. I wanted intense flavor.
The only thing worse than no coffee ice cream is weak coffee cream.
So, here’s my version, which I now wish to save for posterity:
Mystie’s Homemade Intense Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
- Mix together well:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 generous tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- When the powders are dissolved, gently add
- 2 cups heavy cream (38% or higher)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Add to your ice cream maker and churn as directed.
- While it’s churning, chop up 1/3 cup almonds and toast them until fragrant. Stick them in the freezer to cool them down quickly.
- Also, chop up a small amount of dark or semisweet chocolate. I would have given a once over with the knife to 1/4 cup chocolate chips, but I happened to have 2 squares of Lindt extra dark chocolate, and I deemed this ice cream worthy of them.
- During the last 5 minutes of churning, add the bits of chocolate and the now-cold almonds.
- Freeze in a covered container overnight to ripen, but when you lick the spatula, it will be hard to imagine that it could get better.
Plan ALL the meals!
The Simplified Pantry menu plans make it easy! Menu planning shouldn’t require magic to make everything come together. Find out how quick and simple menu planning can be with the Simplified Pantry system – get started for free!