To my husband’s chagrin, it turns out I have one last turkey left in the freezer from my November get-the-best-turkey-deal efforts.
I like turkey weeks because it offers so much bang for the cooking buck. That is, I like it until that cooked turkey is sitting on my counter and I have to pull the meat off the bone.
But turkey broth – just bones covered in water, simmered overnight in the crockpot – is absolutely delicious. Since it’s grilling season instead of soup season, I’ll be freezing the broth in cup-sized portions to use in sauces and cooking.
Breakfasts This Week
- Weekdays: simple homemade granola with milk or yogurt and berries
- Saturday: Daddy-made pancakes
- Sunday: whole wheat cinnamon rolls (made on Saturday)
Lunches This Week
- whole wheat rolls, cheese cubes, and apples
- cheese melted on chips with fruit
- leftovers when possible
Dinners This Week
- grilled pork with teriyaki marinade, glazed carrots, grilled flatbread
- roasted turkey, roasted frozen broccoli, roasted potatoes
- turkey sandwiches on leftover flatbread, salad
- ground beef stroganoff, salad
- turkey enchiladas, green beans
- Saturday (aka Yard Work Day): hamburgers & oven fries