As a busy homeschooling mom of 5 kids, here are the supplies I use daily to keep things running (somewhat, sometimes) smoothly. It’s hard for me to restrain an office-supply impulse buy, but these are the supplies that get replenished as they are used up (or broken by use).
This month I’m sharing homeschool lists all month during The Nester’s 31 Days series. Everything from coping strategies to book lists to supplies to digital and paper-based organizing, I’ve got lists and I’m excited to share them.
Homeschooling Lists Unlimited
My Homeschool Teacher Supplies
My supplies all have a place in my portable teacher supply bag, so I can move from table to desk to couch to park, wherever we end up doing school.
- Index cards (I use them for my daily to do list and more)
- Sharpie stylo pens
- Post-it notes and flags
- Timer (I use my iPod Touch)
- Clipboard with weekly checklist-plans
- Mini stapler
- Dry-erase board with easel or wall-mounted board
- Dry-erase markers
- iPod for playlists (accompaniment for singing, Latin chants, audio books)
- RSVP ballpoint pens and mechanical pencil
These things tucked into my open craft tote make an ideal portable command central.
I have a hard time not going overboard in my office supply purchases, and I do have a drawer of office supplies that seemed like a good idea at the time. But these are the items that I really use and love all the time.