My six-week menu plan is going well so far. In the end I might have a few meals left over, even. Last Saturday instead of having the planned dinner, we were able to have Friday leftovers and one night I had enough soup leftover to package up and freeze.
I also didn’t plan any frittata dinner nights, holding that one in my back pocket as a quick and simple Plan B dinner in case I don’t soak the beans or thaw the meat or start dinner in time.
With the menu plan already on the calendar for weeks in advance, the thing I must remember is to actually look at it! A list does us no good if we don’t look at it. I’m trying to be better about looking at my calendar and my menu plan first thing in the morning and also in the evening.
Breakfasts This Week
- Monday: Sunday leftover cinnamon rolls with scrambled eggs
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: German pancakes
- Wednesdays & Fridays: simple homemade granola with milk
- Saturday: Daddy-made pancakes
- Sunday: whole wheat cinnamon rolls (made on Saturday)
Lunches This Week
- Monday: microwave chips & cheese, apples
- Tuesday: quick artisan bread, cheese, fruit & veggies
- Wednesday: leftover bread from Tuesday, cheese slices, salami, fruit & veggies
- Thursday: rice with carrots & peas, topped with butter
- Friday: leftover homemade pizza from Thursday’s dinner
Dinners This Week
- Monday: ham in the crockpot, cheesy toasts, glazed carrots
- Tuesday: skillet chicken (probably the lime version), roasted potatoes, roasted frozen broccoli
- Wednesday: split pea soup in the crockpot with the ham bone from Monday, bread, salad
- Thursday: homemade pizza (pizza on zucchini planks for me)
- Friday: fried rice with leftover chicken
- Saturday: baked potato bar