Weekly Menu Plan and Kitchen Snapshots
~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life – in my kitchen. ~
I hope you had a wonderful Easter! We had a low-key day at home, but we still celebrated with good food, including my favorite broccoli salad (it has bacon in it).
He is risen!
I am so thankful my mom does the egg-coloring every year. She boils up a dozen for each kid, sets up, cleans up, and the whole shebang. Thanks, mom!
Now, of course, we’ll be eating a lot of hard-boiled eggs this week!
I finally found a low-carb lunch that I enjoy and that also doesn’t leave me high-and-dry (and crabby) in the mid-afternoon (aka witching hour).
Cucumber slices (1/2 cup), cheese (1 oz), celery with cream cheese (2), cashews (1/4 cup), and kalamata olives (5). This has been my lunch all week last week and will be again all this coming week.
When making a batch of whole-wheat bread this week, I tossed in what was left from our breakfast oatmeal. No one knew the difference.
I think I get to score some frugal points there. :)
When I couldn’t find the four-pack of Costco butter in my fridge on Friday, I knew it was really time to clean it out. So I did.
My before picture doesn’t show how gunky the side shelves were, but trust me, they were a mess. I took them all out, washed them, and put all the things back in the right place (they are labeled, after all, but after awhile that doesn’t seem to matter to anyone – including myself).
Breakfasts this week
- Puffed Oven Pancake x2
- Oatmeal x2
- Muffins and yogurt-strawberry smoothies
- Saturday pancakes
- Sunday whole-wheat cinnamon rolls
Lunches this week
- rolls, cheese, pears, & hard-boiled eggs (lots of hard-boiled eggs)
- Leftovers (whenever possible)
- pbj on easy fresh bread
Dinners this week
- leftover ham, egg salad, English muffins, salad
- grilled chicken with chipotle marinade, asparagus, no-knead bread
- crockpot split pea soup with the leftover ham bone, salad, chips
- rice, bean, beef, & cheese casserole
- crazy lasagna, salad (make-ahead the lasagna for tomorrow)
- lasagna and garlic toasts (guests)