The weather is heating up and a cold, tasty beverage is exactly what hits the spot on a hot afternoon.
But so many of the iced drink options are calorie-laden, full of sugar or juice or dairy. I wanted a drink that I could drink glass after glass without guilt or counting – that I could slug while still keeping my weight loss plan.
I’ve hit upon the simple drink that fits the bill: iced herbal green tea.
To make this drink, you’ll need at least one of these green teas (or something similar):
Easy Iced Herbal Green Tea, no sugar, no calories
- Bring 6-8 cups of water to a simmer.
- In a large glass jar or pitcher, add 3 green tea bags and 2-3 herbal tea bags (I prefer berry flavors). I use a laundry clip to secure the bags onto the jar.
- Pour the hot water over the tea bags and let steep for 3-4 minutes. Remove the bags.
- Fill a large glass with ice and pour the strong tea straight over the ice. Enjoy!
Tea combinations I’ve tried
- 1 Matcha Maker, 2 generic green tea, 4 Acai Berry Herbal Tea
- 3 Bigalow Green Tea with Pomegranate, 3 Tazo Passion – my favorite
- 3 decaf green tea, 4 raspberry herbal tea (the kids loved this one, too)
- 3 Bigalow Green Tea with Lemon, 4 blueberry herbal
A squirt of lime juice also helps add a little zing and goes particularly well with the Tazo Passion or a raspberry tea.
Try it and let me know what combinations you create for yourself!