We don’t need more tricks or tools;
we need help coping & keeping up.
Homeschooling is important work. That is precisely why it is exhausting, perplexing, and sometimes downright hard. We are both mom and teacher, comforter and instructor, cuddler and slave-driver – ricochetting between responses and children, it’s no wonder we’re tired at the end of the day. And when it’s time for a new day to begin, sometimes we don’t even want to.
Too often, we
- give in to a sluggish feeling and grow more and more apathetic and listless.
- get locked into unproductive arguments with our children over their work.
- give up on our plans in discouragement.
- greet each morning with a grimace instead of a game-face.
These are mindset problems, mental attitude obstacles. They won’t be fixed with a new curriculum, a new checklist, or a new schedule.
Instead, we need an attitude shift.
With the right perspective, we
- can get ourselves moving in the morning.
- can handle our children’s fussing and frustration.
- can hold our course through temptations and trials.
- can still smile, even when it’s hard.
A new perspective can be built with concrete practices.
You’ve read blog posts that give you a swift kick. The effect doesn’t last.
You’ve read good books that inspire you. They’re hard to apply to a real homeschool day.
You’ve changed up your routines, but there are still tantrums and tears. And it’s not always only the kids who lose it.
I’ve been there, done that. I long for consistency and for competence. I want to stop the roller-coaster, do the work, and do it well.
The Art of Homeschooling is for us.
In this self-paced, always-available, bite-sized program, you get:
- a 5-minute attitude-adjustment practice.
- a concrete exercise for honing your daily focus.
- 5 insightful and hard-hitting but short and meaty lessons in both written and audio form.
- 5 application assignments dealing with dawdling, complaining, procrastinating, and more.
- Follow it up with the companion course The Work of Homeschooling to build consistent homeschool habits.
Art of Homeschooling is one small piece within Simply Convivial Circle.
- Learn from gospel-centered homemaking & homeschooling self-paced courses you can navigate on your own terms. Level up your plans and progress, one step at a time.
- Find a community of likeminded women, working to find what’s important, and do it – every day.
- Get support through ongoing conversation, discipleship, and prompts to increase your skill and your motivation as we spur one another on to love and good works.
(or save with a quarterly or annual plan)