Disclaimer: I am an enthusiast on the topic, not an expert and have no credentials in the matter. I only read, think, and talk about it all the time. So sometimes I also have to write about it. Humor me.
Perks of Personality: free 1-page reference explaining MBTI cognitive functions
Find out what those letters really mean.
Learn more: The Practical Personality Portfolio
- a 13-page handbook explaining in simple and straightforward terms, with clear and insightful charts. With this handbook, you'll be able to work out personality types without silly online tests.
- a profile page for each personality that is both highly detailed and concise. In an easy-to-read format, these profile pages will give you a cheat-sheet to understand how to work with and appreciate each type.
- a single-page reference sheet to apply cognitive functions to your children's education.
- an ever-growing online resource page with links to all my articles and podcasts on personality, video explanations, FAQs, and an annotated bibliography.
- access to a forum to discuss applications and implications of personality within the home.
With these resources in hand, you can not only type yourself and your children, but also know what to do based on that information. You'll learn
- what motivates each type
- what stresses each type
- what stress looks like in each type
- how each type can destress
- what discourages each type
- how each type prefers to work and relate to others
- what is difficult for each type
- what gift each type brings to the world
My three favorite personality books:
Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type by Isabel Briggs Myers
Please Understand Me II: Temperament, Character, Intelligence by David Keirsey