Plans shouldn’t cause stress.
They should relieve it.
But too often, we make plans and then never look at them. Too often, we set unrealistic expectations and kick ourselves when they fall apart.
Too often, our plans
- sit on the counter, neglected.
- don’t help when the day goes haywire.
- take more time to make than to do.
- reflect our moods instead of our responsibilities.
We need better strategies.
We need plans that
- center on our responsibilities rather than our aspirations.
- help us make intuitive choices about what to do next, even when we can’t look at the list.
- never leave us feeling like a failure when all the boxes aren’t checked.
- build habits that support us.
We need plans, habits, and approaches made for moms at home, where life is unpredictable and our job is meeting needs not completing projects.
I have read a lot of organizing books and blogs and the thing I love about YOURS and that stands out to me is that you have the perspective of a homeschooling mom! And as you know, some organizing issues are specific to homemakers and homeschoolers. Your wisdom and advice is SO HELPFUL. – Catie N.
This is some of the best money I have ever spent on a course or planner! I have been so frustrated for years with all the things in my head and not knowing what to do when I have time. This material has really had me go deeper to attack root issues that were the problem. – Melody V.
There is so much practical wisdom that speaks directly to me as a homeschooling mum. I wasn’t sure about doing an online course but I am so glad I decided to give it a go. It has helped so much already. More than anything it has helped me think about my responsibilities in a new way. – Tania B.
- Build the habits that make planning effective to maximize your productivity.
- Find out what’s missing from your planning process, keeping it from being helpful in the midst of your reality; then adjust your process to make it fruitful in your life.
- Center your to-do list around your own callings to decrease stress and distractedness.
- Join a community of like-minded women.
- Learn when to look at your plan, change it around – and also when not to – to maximize your time spent doing what’s truly important.