Good planning habits are what make the difference, not a better planner.
The secret of a working planner is not found in the right layout, in the cutest stickers, or in the perfect app. Any of these might help you, but the universal solution we all need is simply looking at and using the planner we choose. No planner will make the work happen for us. Regardless of the planner we choose, we’re still going to be the ones actually doing the work.
Here are my best tips for making your planner into a helpful tool instead of a worthless distraction:
If you want a template to use as a jumping off point for creating your own, here is mine:
- Weekly Planner Page 2018 in Mac Pages format
- Weekly Planner Page 2018 in Microsoft Word format
- Weekly Planner Page 2018 in pdf format
- Also, here’s a post with my template from 2017.
A weekly review is the key practice to a plan that works
- Look at your lists reliably
- Know your priorities & limitations
- Keep a realistic perspective