Everyone has their favorite picture books. These are mine: My best picture book list.
Homeschool lists! Let’s talk and share all sorts of lists this month during The Nester’s 31 Days series. I’ll share my lists, from managing day to day details to book lists to checklists to supply lists – rest assured, if it can be listed, I have listed it. So I pulled my best lists – yes, I had to abridge and combine the list of lists to bring it down to 31 – and I’ll be sharing them this month. I’m looking forward to it!
Tons of Homeschooling Lists
My Top 12 Picture Book Picks
There are lots of great picture books out there, but these are the ones I absolutely love, the ones I have no problem reading every day. These are the top 12 picture books that I would go so far as to replace with beautiful hardbacks for my own house when I am a grandmother.
I was going to do top 10, but by the time I deleted to 12, I couldn’t bear to pare back further. There are many more picture books I love, but these are the ones I will replace even after I no longer have young children.
- St. George and the Dragon
- Chanticleer and the Fox
- The complete Frog and Toad
- All the Frances books, but especially Bedtime for Frances
- The Story of Ping
- The Little House by Virginia Burton
- Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney
- Fritz and the Beautiful Horses by Jan Brett
- Always Room for One More
- A House is a House for Me
- The Owl & the Pussycat illustrated by Jan Brett
- The complete treasury of Beatrix Potter
What are your absolute favorite picture books?
Also, don’t miss my list of beautiful fairy tale picture books.