In fact, homemakers are a lot like entrepreneurs.
We have to make our own goals.
We have to figure out how to get from where we are to where we want to be.
We have to be our own boss.
That’s the hardest part of being a homemaker.
Maybe your mom taught you how to wash dishes and do laundry, but did anyone ever teach you how to be self-directed and self-motivated?
At school we had teachers and grades.
At work there were bosses and paychecks.
What about at home? It’s an endless stream of small tasks with no one goading us along and no prize at the end.
So it’s easy to get stuck in a bad attitude, a procrastination habit, and an avalanche of chaos.
Want out of the pit you’ve dug?
The only way out is to dig in
– with determination instead of despair.
Want a kickstart?
Need a taskmaster to tell you what to do next, prompt you, and praise you?
I can do that.
And together, we can help each other up, egg each other on, and carry each other through.
Being the boss and manager and worker rolled into one is exhausting – that’s why we need to build habits and routines and stick with them. When we have good habits and routines, we get more done in less time (after practice!), with little mental energy spent.
Commit to beating your housework procrastination habit and replacing it with a productivity habit.
Join the Sweep & Smile Study.
Part online course, part timely accountability, and part community, Sweep & Smile will walk you through the process of decluttering, creating a routine, and working that routine.
- Make actual progress in the state of your home.
- Build a routine plan that works for your personality and your lifestyle and your home.
- Work through your own mental blocks and excuses.
- Replace your bad attitude about housework with a truth-aligned perspective.
- Learn what actually has to be done and eliminate unnecessary chores.
- Swap unrealistic expectations for workable goals.
Don’t procrastinate on the housework.
In six weeks, gain control of your house, overcome your obstacles, and practice the routines that will save your sanity.
Each week during the six-week study we’ll focus on a different area & accomplish 3 things:
- Determining what needs to be done daily & weekly
- Doing those tasks
As the study goes on, we’ll be building up our routines and practicing the previous weeks, not just moving on. By the end of Sweep & Smile you’ll have built – baby-step by baby-step – a workable weekly housecleaning routine. But you won’t only have planned it, you’ll have worked it, too.
Learn & practice self-motivation, with structure & community.
Practice not only housework routines, but also a cheerful attitude.
After all, you know your attitude makes or breaks your home’s atmosphere, whether it’s sparkling clean or filthy dirty. This challenge is about more than chores.
It’s about working to serve others and glorify God – not ourselves.
Sweep & Smile is included inside Simply Convivial Membership
- Access any and all courses at any time, in any order. Level up your homemaking and your homeschooling, one baby step at a time.
- Find a community of likeminded women, working toward the same goal: learning to love what must be done.
- Get support through ongoing conversation, help, and prompts to increase your skill and your motivation as we spur one another on to love and good works.